– This product is Global Organic Textile Standard (GOTS) certified, using 50% sustainable organic cotton. GOTS certification means it’s made from a minimum of 95% certified organic fibres. Read more about GOTS here. Conventionally grown cotton is called the world’s dirtiest crop – you can read our article about it here. On the other hand, organic cotton, the one Giovanardi uses, consumes far less water and, most importantly, isn’t treated with pesticides, insecticides or any other harmful chemicals.
– 50% of garment is made using milk fibre, which is a by-product of milk industry and is created when milk gets sour. A renewable resource, by utilising waste from the food industry, a soft, cotton-like material can be created for clothing.
– Using ecological natural indigo inks derived from renewable sources no harmful, pollution-causing compounds are released into the environment, unlike with traditional petroleum-based inks.
– Silvia Giovanardi products are handmade by skilled craftsmen and women in Italy.
– Using GOTS certified organic cotton, ensures that farmers are protected from harmful chemicals and are in much greater control of their farming businesses.
Materials & Care
50% milk, 50% organic cotton.
Hand wash or gentle cold water wash recommended.
Silvia Giovanardi’s eponymous label presents beauty and high fashion sensibilities through a collection of seasonless, unisex clothing. This isn’t your usual high fashion brand, however; every last detail is considered in terms of its impact on the planet, ensuring that, if buried, Silvia Giovanardi clothing will fully biodegrade and bring new life to the world, having only a positive impact.
Find out more about Silvia Giovanardi here.
Shipping & Returns
Free international traceable shipping. Tracking number is e-mailed to you once the product has been shipped.
If shipping to the USA customs and import duties and fees, taxes and any other charges are pre-paid by Amberoot.
More details about shipping.
More details about returns.